Lixer Tools NIST Traceability vs. ISO Certificates
All Lixer Tools products come with a Certificate of Traceability. Unless indicated as ISO they will come with NIST Traceable Certification. Copies of both ISO and NIST traceable sample certificates are shown below for your comparison.
Recertification time frames of Lixer Tools may vary depending on your inspectors requirements. For recertification costs see our recertification page.
For ISO purposes it must be understood that Accuracy is the degree of conformity of a measured or calculated quantity to its true value. Precision or repeatability is the degree to which a number of measurements or calculations show the same or similar results. The results of a measurement can be accurate but not precise, precise but not accurate; neither; or both. The measurement is valid if it is both accurate and precise. Therefore, having NIST or ISO traceability on your Lixer will assure that any product acceptance or rejection is justified.
For your ISO 9001:2015 184.108.40.206 Measurement Traceability program, we recommend that your procedure for checking tape measures include the following:
- *Tape measures should be checked for accuracy with a Lixer at the time of purchase
- *Tape measures should be checked for accuracy using a Lixer prior to any critical measuring
- *Tape measure accuracy be verified any time it has been dropped or subjected to abuse
- *Thermal expansion rates be applied in hot or cold environments
- *Calibrated tape measures be replaced if they are damaged or worn beyond the stated acceptable range of accuracy
- *Tape measures should be replaced on a regular interval. Tape measures are subject to stretching of the blade from opening and closing cycles. They also lose accuracy from any bends or twists in the blade.
- *Records should be maintained.
For more detailed information on how to use Lixer Tape Measure Calibration tools visit our Calibration Procedure page.
It has been common for tape measures to be checked using a steel rule for lack of a better method. The Lixer checks both the push and the pull measurements over the entire surface of the end hook. A steel rule fails to identify the full loss of accuracy from a bent end hook.
Sample ISO Certificate for Gage Block
Sample NIST Traceable Certificate for Gage Block
Sample ISO Certificate for Lixer A-Class or Lixer Master Note: Lixer A-Class will have a 12 month recall, Lixer Master will have a 24 month recall
Sample NIST Traceable Certificate for Lixer A-Class or Lixer Master
Sample ISO Certificate for Lixer Square
Sample NIST Traceable Certificate for Lixer Precision Square
Sample NIST Traceable Certificate for Tape Measures
Information included on tape measure certificates will vary depending on tape measure model and length
Thank you for your interest in Lixer Tools. If you have further questions or need additional information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org